Sunday, October 11, 2009

Market 103: Portside Boutique Markets

One of my favourite bits about doing markets is meeting other creatives, chatting about markety-stuff and sneaking off (ahem, sorry Ellie and Sam) to look at all the brilliant things to buy! The Portside Boutique Markets has a lovely, varied selection of goodies!

Frankly, I want to buy one of everything Udessi has! These cutsie badges by Sophie Isobel (make sure you do check out her lovely blog) caught my eye...yes, it was the selvedge.
Kim Wallace from Udessi searches and covets fabulous Australian contemporary art (as well as being an artist herself). Luckily they are at these monthly markets so you can see a range of items from the online store. One of these artists represented, Renee Treml (seen below), is also a scientist! Her beautiful work can be seen in the picture in front here and is available from Udessi, also look out for Renee and Kim at Finder's Keepers market at the end of the month.

I first saw Blossom Child at the Brisbane Stitches and Craft show earlier in the year. I was immediately drawn to the stylish designs and lovely details - I can't help but gush over the workmanship that goes into these clothes for little people...get in before David Jones snaps them up! I don't have any kids of my own yet so I'm either going to start hoarding or some of my friend's kids will be getting some wonderful presents!



Joanne Petrie makes lovely hand-stamped custom jewellery under the name Love Stamp. I almost died of envy when I saw her tattoo and the back of her neck - it was inspired by Kristen Doran's Babooshkas - how awesome is that!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Danielle for your kind words - It was really nice to catch up with you, Ellie and Sam on Sunday.
    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you at the markets ladies and to meet Sam! Thanks so much for your lovely blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including me in your wonderful blog. I'm looking forward to seeing you at Finders Keepers!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you, and appreciate your lovely words. Enjoy your day.